4.09.2009

Christ Crucified

Swiss Painter, Antonio Ciseri, painted this from 1864-1870. The Transport of Christ to the Sepulcher


This image pierced me when I saw it recently.  I feel like each year, toward the end of Lent, I am asked to yet again forsake my comforts to walk with a processional as is depicted here.  I feel the earth shift beneath my feet and occasionally dare to look upon my savior's broken body moving down the street.  I hear weeping the likes of which hadn't been heard since Jeremiah lamented a lost and dying Jerusalem.  I walk this road each year.  May we quiet ourselves for the next few days.  Where ever you may work- your studio, your writing shed, your workshop, your music room, your office- pray without ceasing.  Think of Jesus as you create.


Jesus, Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment